Artwork is one of the best ways to liven up any room, but the process of selecting the right pieces can be intimidating to people who do not have a lot of experience being around art.
Fortunately, the best art for your home is whatever speaks to you. In other words, it is not necessary to look for a piece from the latest celebrity artist.
Instead, you should focus on pieces that complement your home and personal style.
Top Tips for Decorating Your Home with Art
1. Consider Your Available Space – Some novices to the art world will become overwhelmed by all of their choices, and this can cause them to purchase a piece that does not fit properly within their home.
Therefore, you need to carefully consider each space that you have available and ensure that you do not get anything that is too big or small for each applicable spot.
2. Coordinate with Each Room – Although some people utilize art as a splash of color that stands out from the rest of the room, it is much more common for people to select artwork that coordinates with the colors that are already present.
For example, if you have blue accent pieces throughout your living room, you should consider purchasing a print that features blue as a primary color.
3. Set a Budget – Purchasing original pieces is never cheap, so you need to determine how much money you have available in your monthly budget for art. Many people need to save up for a long time if they want an original piece from one of their favorite artists.
However, you can save a lot of money and remove the anxiety that is associated with having an exorbitantly priced piece hanging on your wall by selecting framed print art instead.
4. Choose the Right Place to Look for Art – There are several different places to find high-quality art, including galleries, online stores and art fairs. Ultimately, the place that you choose to browse for art will have a major impact on the type of pieces that will be available.
For example, if you want to support local artists, you should definitely go to an art fair. On the other hand, if you are more interested in purchasing art prints of well-known pieces, it makes more sense to utilize an online art store.
5. Hang Your Art Correctly – Many people attempt to hang art with a simple nail, but this will not provide you with enough stability for a large or framed piece.
Instead, you should utilize wire on the back of the frame and an appropriately sized hanger. Additionally, it is important to carefully align your art so that it is easily visible to anyone who walks into the room.
As you can see, there are many ways to ensure that you select a piece that fits properly into your space and enables you to stay within your budget. Ultimately, the type of art that you select should be a reflection of your personal tastes, but it is a good idea to create cohesion in each room by sticking to a theme.
Freelance author and artist Molly Pearce shares this post for readers looking to select fresh, 2d, or even 3d art that accents their home’s interior and expresses personal style. She is inspired by a great variety of artists and their work, from photography to print art, which she views online and at local galleries and art shows.
Photo credit- http://www.flickr.com/photos/clarkstonscamp/4681038502/