At the end of the day, the bottom line is chemistry and compatibility. If you don’t have both of those to some degree, you won’t have happiness.
How about about a few quick dating tips from beginning to end? Boy meets girl, boy woos girl, boy and girl fall in love and boy marries girl. Sounds pretty simple huh? It can be. If you’re open to love and ready to take control and kick start your love life this year, take a look at these five steps to a successful romance.
1. Where to Meet Dates
- Your Community – gas stations, grocery stores, laundromats, gym, library, coffee shops and even though it’s not always a good idea, your place of work and neighborhood can sometimes have a few hidden treasures.
- Local Events – sports, singles events, festivals, concerts, church and professional functions
- Mutual friends and family members
- Online – Match  PlentyofFish  Zoosk  eHarmony  Singlesnet  OkCupid  True  ChristianMingle  Cupid  Chemistry 
- Dating Services – search Google for “dating service (your city)”
2. Preparing for Your Date
- Hygiene – take a shower, wash and comb your hair, wear deodorant, brush your teeth, floss and use mouthwash, clean/cut dirty nails, if you wear cologne or perfume, don’t wear anything too strong
- Fashion – dress in fashionable attire that fits properly and is flattering to your body type and frame. When in doubt, get a second opinion.
- Conversation – prepare topics to discuss on your date i.e., goals, childhood experiences, career interests, favorite foods, travel destinations etc. Don’t ask prying inappropriate questions.
- Safety – tell a friend or family member where you’re going on your date
3. Planning Your Date
- Venue – what you will do and where you will go. Hint: something that you will both enjoy. You can start off with just a meal or a meal and an activity, such as watching a movie, taking a boat ride or bowling.
- Timing – agree on a time you will either meet up or be picked up and be early
- Food – keep in mind; allergies, vegetarianism, veganism and lactose intolerance. Will you dine-in, takeout or cook at home (for later dates)?
4. How to Have Repeat Dates
- The Vibe – look for sparks, connection, laughter, chemistry or compatibility
- Check Mannerism – Is your date’s behavior respectful? Is personal space respected? Does your date listen well? Do they carry themself well?
- Big Questions – If you had a nice time, ask if your date had a nice time. If the answer is yes, suggest another date.
5. The Next Step After Dating
- Exclusivity – after dating for 1-3 months, you should know if you want to date that person exclusively. Either move forward or call it quits.
- Meet Family & Friends – once you’re exclusive, it’s time to introduce your new love to your family and friends. See if they gel and ask for their opinions afterward.
- Travel – take a trip together to determine if you can spend long periods of time with each other.
- Engagement/ Marriage – give yourself a time frame to decide if you can/will spend the rest of your life with this person. If no, walk away. If yes, get the ball rolling!
So there you have it. Dates are the beginning of lasting relationships. Why not take the right steps to make them count? Dating can be a lot fun and it can mean happiness for the rest of your life.
That being said, also be honest with yourself. Too many people ignore red flags and stay with someone for the wrong reasons. Remember to take your time to get to know someone, but don’t waste your time with the wrong person.
Love does come when you least expect it and it is the greatest feeling in the world. Resolve to meet your special someone and you will. To great dates !