Trying to get ahead in today’s competitive business environment can be extremely difficult. Candidates for job openings and promotions have to separate themselves from the pack. The question is, how does one do so?
The answer is, by earning some of today’s most in demand IT certifications. These credentials validate that you have the knowledge and skills needed to perform successfully on the job.
What are today’s hottest certifications for IT professionals?
- CompTIA A+ Certification – Shows employers that you have the foundation-level knowledge and skills required for installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of PCs, laptops and other devices. This certification is ideal for individuals wishing to pursue a career as a computer technician, field service technician, help desk technician and many others.
- CompTIA Network+ Certification – Shows employers that you have the ability to install, configure, and manage a secure network. Professionals that earn the Network+ certification demonstrate that they possess the skills needed in any type of networking career.
- CompTIA Security+ Certification – Shows employers that you have mastered network security, dealing with threats and vulnerabilities, data security, host security, access control, cryptology and many other security related topics. Professionals holding this certification are ideal for positions as network administrators, security architects and engineers, security consultants and specialists, systems administrators and IA technicians.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification – The PMP credential is the most widely recognized project management certification. Any IT professional that earns a PMP can pretty much guarantee that they will always be in demand.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification – This one shows employers that you can install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot route and switched networks. This certification is also the starting point for many more advanced Cisco certifications.
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Certification – Shows employers that you have the same knowledge and skills and a malicious hacker, allowing you to identify weaknesses and vulnerabilities. Ethical hacking is must have for any organization concerned with network security. Some job titles that are appropriate for someone holding this certification are security officers, auditors, and site administrators.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification – Validates an IT professional’s information security knowledge, including topics like managing risk, cloud computing, mobile security, secure app development and more.
This infographic was created by Phoenix TS to showcase today’s hottest IT certifications. To learn more about these certifications, visit our site.